I'd do exactly what you're doing... keep using accent, snicker into your
hand, and let 'em go off on their merry way.

How are you using it? What's the context? Are you using it to inform
translation peeps that such and such a letter requires an accent/diacritic?
Or do you actually use that word somewhere in your app?

Love the bwahahahaha!!! <snort>

...sue