On 8/1/07, Martinek, Carla <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Spinning off from Donna's question, this came up while we were walking
> down to get breakfast this morning.
>
> 1. How long is your resume?

Two pages.

2. In your opinion, is there a maximum length a resume for someone in
> our field should be?

Two pages. I usually won't read a resume that's longer than that. I don't
need to know every single thing you've done since the dawn of time. The last
10 years, max. And if you've worked 20 jobs in the last 10 years, I'd be
really concerned (even if you're self employed or a contractor, you don't
need to list every single contract). Education and affiliations should be a
couple of bullets at the end. I don't want to know your hobbies, I don't
want to know what conferences you've attended, and I don't want to know your
dog's first name.

...sue

Author Help files and create printed documentation with Doc-To-Help.
New release adds Team Authoring Support, enhanced Web-based help
technology and PDF output. Learn more at www.doctohelp.com/tcp.