Sue Heim wrote:
> Personally, I don't pay a lot of attention to blogs, even if they are
> professional. I also have a lot of disdain for some bloggers, who seem to
> post things on various lists (not here!) and then say "go look at my blog"
> in order to get more eyes on that blog. I think it's vanity in that case.

Sue,

You're of course entitled to think what you want to think. However, as
someone who posts on various lists and then says "go look at my blog"
(at least in my sig), I can assure you that vanity has nothing to do
with it. My blog is a marketing device, pure and simple. It costs
nothing (as opposed to the thousands of dollars a year I was spending on
Google AdWords), and it's an effective way to attract clients to my
business Web site.

YMMV,

Dick Margulis
http://ampersandvirgule.blogspot.com/ (mostly not tech writing-related,
so don't waste your time, Sue)

Author Help files and create printed documentation with Doc-To-Help.
New release adds Team Authoring Support, enhanced Web-based help
technology and PDF output. Learn more at www.doctohelp.com/tcp.