Note that I said IMPORT. I didn't say roundtrip! <grin> (And as a "I hate
Framemaker" person, I would only ever import the files and then I would
throw the source away and work in my new tool of choice! <BIGGER grin>)

I was answering from my Blackberry this morning, so intentionally kept my
response short. To the "don't use a PDF as an online help system" statement
I made, if you want to question that, take a look at Adobe's own help
systems. In the not too distant past, that was how they delivered online
help for various apps such as Framemaker and Acrobat. They finally decided
to change and provide "real" online help. Which is much more usable and
user-friendly. (Technically, you should provide both an online help in
whatever format is appropriate as well as a printed manual or PDF. And the
two should not necessarily contain the same information.)

If you are planning on single-sourcing your content and are going to be
translating into several languages, I'd suggest that you take a look at
AuthorIT. You can publish into whatever the Windows help format(s) you need,
create a PDF, and single-source content. The Localization Manager allows you
to easily manage translation jobs, by sending out only the updated content
(once the entire thing has been localized). I have a personal preference for
AuthorIT, but I also have a personal preference to keep the number of tools
I use to create my deliverables down to a bare minimum (one!) and a very
strong personal preference to not have to manually manage my translation
jobs. But that's just me! <grin>

...sue