> Last I heard, everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion. And
> until any of us have walked in Paula's shoes, I think it's plenty
> disrespectful to discredit her opinion.

You know what they say about opinions.

> Paula was very active in STC, and very vocal about her issues. But STC never
> listened.

Not according to her own admission.

>> complained about the pricing structure and was treated, for
>> the most part, like garbage for daring to raise the issue.
>> When it was finally corrected, the local Admin Council acted
>> as if they alone had thought of the problem and solved it.

Looks like they did heed her message about the pricing structure. She's just
upset because they didn't put her picture next to the new structure. Are we
doing this for recognition or the good of the association, the profession, and
its members?

> My opinion? She's right... STC is not about furthering technical writing but
> is instead about furthering the organization. And although I think it's less
> so
> now, many of the leaders within the organization are more about furthering
> themselves than furthering technical writing. It's why I resigned my

It seems including Paula...didn't two of her own issues have to do with not
being recognized?

>> When it was finally corrected, the local Admin Council acted
>> as if they alone had thought of the problem and solved it.
and
> out for a variety of reasons...I attended the second
> convention - again, not a word of appreciation
> for the efforts I'd put in.

> member benefits me, as a longtime writer. So I've yet to re-up, and dunno if
> I will. The jury is still out.

Anyone is entitled to not renew. My issue is when you resign, you are saying
you want nothing to do with the association. To criticize but not be a part of
it working toward change leaves all the complaining (which is disruptive) and
no way to work toward fixing the problem.

Author Help files and create printed documentation with Doc-To-Help.
New release adds Team Authoring Support, enhanced Web-based help
technology and PDF output. Learn more at www.doctohelp.com/tcp.