We've just discovered a problem with PDFs created through PDFMaker and I'm
wondering if anyone else is (has) experienced the same thing. Part of my
staff uses Word 2003 and part use Word 2007. All of us use Acrobat 8.0
(Standard and Professional). Our operating system on all the machines is XP
Professional.

When a PDF is created from Word using PDFMaker, the heading bookmark links
in the embedded TOC do not always take you to the appropriate section
heading; however, click the same heading in the TOC tab (to the left of the
document) and everything works great. For example. Click a Heading 1 link in
the embedded TOC and you go to the associates Heading 1. Click anything
beyond a Heading 1 link in the embedded TOC and you go to the top of the
page where the associated Heading is located. If you open the TOC tab
located to the left of the document and click the same Headings, you go to
the correct Heading location in the document..a Heading 2 link takes you to
the correct associated Heading 2 title, and so on.

I tried a Google search, a Microsoft Knowledge Base search, and an Adobe
Knowledge Base search to no avail. The answers I got did not address the
problem I listed.

I am having someone outside of our group create a PDF using one of our
offending files. They are using Office 2000 on an XP Pro machine. If that
works, then we have a workaround, but what I am looking for is a solution.
Has anyone experienced bookmark problems with PDFMaker and what was your
solution.

Al Geist
Technical Writing, Help, Marketing Collateral, Web Design and Award Winning
Videos
Voice/Msg: 802-872-9190
Cell: 802-578-3964
E-mail:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
office and beautiful note cards for all occasions.)

" ... I walked to work, quit my job, and kept walking.  Better to be a
pilgrim without a destination, I figured, than to cross the wrong threshold
every day."  (Anon)

Author Help files and create printed documentation with Doc-To-Help.
New release adds Team Authoring Support, enhanced Web-based help
technology and PDF output. Learn more at www.doctohelp.com/tcp.