Oh and my #1 recommendation to keep the weight down is no sodas. I quit
drinking coke about 6 years ago and it really helped.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Jones, Donna
Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2008 7:00 AM
To: TCP List
Subject: [TCP] Physical fitness and technical communication

Has anyone else watched their posterior expand as their career advanced?
After many years of sitting on my backside at my computer as a technical
writer and editor, I had to admit that using a mouse, typing, and
pushing buttons on the printer that I was documenting wasn't enough
exercise to keep me healthy. Obviously, any office-type job keeps you
idle for the better part of the work day, and it can be easy to move
from the computer, to your car, to your sofa, and then to bed every day.
What ways (if any) do you use to keep yourself healthy while continuing
to pursue your communication dreams (or nightmares...)?

About six weeks ago, one of my coworkers and I started holding each
other accountable for having exercised the day before. I find myself
consistently doing something--even if it's just a quick 15- or 20-minute
walk--just so I don't have to tell her that I did nothing. And our
enthusiasm for getting physically fit appears to be contagious because
another of our coworkers has started joining us if we go for walks at
lunch.

I know this is a little bit of a stretch regarding communication, but
it's something directly related to our careers and our health. Are we
all destined to be huge and unfit by the time we retire (or die of some
avoidable disease), or is there hope for getting and staying healthy?

Donna

- CONFIDENTIAL-
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, and may
also be legally privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
may not review, use, copy, or distribute this message. If you receive
this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply email
and then delete this email.

ComponentOne® Doc-To-Help® 2008 delivers streamlined authoring
features, including new end-user features, all within the brand new
Microsoft Office 2007 style interface. Download your FREE trial!
http://www.techcommpros.com/componentone/

Subscribe (email): send a blank message to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Unsubscribe (email): send a blank message to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]