> Unable to open 'ifaddrs.h'"

> The configure script reports:

> checking ifaddrs.h usability... yes
> checking ifaddrs.h presence... no
> checking for ifaddrs.h... no

> What can I do about this?  (The file does not exist.)

Okay, instead of being delerious, I will try to be helpful...

There is a very clear dependency on "ifaddrs.h".
Am I right to say that it is needed to build libpcap?

If not...

Is there an alternate method to discover the interface addresses?
(i.e. one that does not depend on "ifaddrs.h")

If so, can someone describe how to invoke an alternate method?
Possibly replace "fad-getad.c" in the Makefile with a variant?

If not, then it should be fairly straightforward (in the configure script?)
to generate a warning message stating that libpcap cannot be built without
this supporting file.

Ideas?
-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.