Personally, I never use CRTDLL.LIB/MSVCRT.LIB, because in this case I'm
forced to distribute my application with tons of DLL (MSVC*.DLL), which are
far bigger than the application itself.
Therefore, I'm always using the standard C library.

Loris is absolutely right: you cannot presume users will always use the
"default" libraries.

Cheers,

        fulvio

> Sorry if that's naive; I'm a very un*x type of guy and my Windows
> development experience is limited to a little bit of mingw.
>
> Thanks,
> Christian.
> --

-