From: Anders Broman
Sent: den 16 maj 2013 16:04
To: 'tcpdump-workers@lists.tcpdump.org'
Subject: RE: Request for new DLT

Hi,
I would need a DLT for a wrapper around higher level PDU's or per-packet
DLT:s the format is multipurpose and consists of a number of TLV:s
proceeding the actual PDU.
There are TLV:s which describes which protocol the PDU is and meta data
such as IP address and port (if the transport protocol(s) are striped off).

The format can be used by logging functions in various nodes, say after
deserialization(SS7 over TDM) decryption(GSM/UMTS/LTE Nodes?) etc.
Tag values and an outline of the format can be found here
http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/trunk/epan/exported_pdu.h?revision=49285&view=markup

LINKTYPE_ANY_PDU or something like that?

Best regards
Anders Broman