> The current versions of
>
>       http://www.whiterocker.com/bt/LINKTYPE_BLUETOOTH_BREDR_BB.html
>
> and
>
>       http://www.whiterocker.com/bt/LINKTYPE_BLUETOOTH_LE_LL_WITH_PHDR.html
>
> say "All multi-octet fields are expressed in little-endian format."  I
> presume that means that's now the specification, so libpcap doesn't need to
> byte-swap anything, and programs dissecting those packets should extract the
> values as if they're little-endian.

Yes, I didn't want to break new ground with the former host-endian definition,
given your earlier statement.  Since BT itself is little-endian oriented, and
the majority of BT-sniffer users are likely Intel-based, little-endian seems
the way to go.

And by the way, thanks for the quick turnaround on the DLT allocations.

Chris Kilgour