On Jan 1, 2014, at 5:29 AM, Simon Berg <k...@fluffware.se> wrote:

> I've written some capturing tools and a basic Wireshark dissector for
> the PROFIBUS protocol. Since it's delivered directly over a RS485-link,
> it needs a separate link-type. Since I haven't been able to find a
> suitable type among the existing ones, I'd like to request one being
> allocated.
>
> The format is the full packets as described in IEC 61158 (61158-4-3 more
> precisely).

So "full" presumably means that:

        the first octet of a packet is the start delimiter for the packet (the
start delimiter appears not to have a single standard value for all packets, so
it appears that it can't be elided without loss of information);

        it also includes the end delimiter for asynchronous transmission, and
all the octets between the delimiters, including the FCS octet, exactly as they
appear on the wire.