I've got a patch for this at
https://github.com/wxsBSD/tcpdump/commit/84998745a29a0ffb3a680c29692c15426a1ce960.

Seems to work well but I would appreciate any testing anyone can do. I'm also
going to make sure this is right from the capsicum perspective as I have no
experience with that. Once I discuss it with those folks I'll send a pull
request.

On a somewhat related note, how is -G, -W and -C supposed to work together. The
man page makes it sound like you can use all three together, but I'm not able
to get anything to work. I would expect to do this:

tcpdump -i em0 -G 5 -W 5 -C 1 -w foo.pcap

and get foo.pcap0, foo.pcap1, foo.pcap2, foo.pcap3, foo.pcap4. Each output file
should have 5 seconds worth of packets in them and then rotated. I can't seem
to get this behavior.

-- WXS