Amanda Baber <amanda.ba...@iana.org> writes:

> Hi David,
>
> See [AB] below for a note about registration procedures.

Okay, thanks.  Here is my new proposed language for the end of IANA
considerations.  This also reflects a change to address Benoit Claise's
concern that 95 TEP identifiers could prove too few.

   This document defines a 7-bit "glt" field in the range of 0x20-0x7f,
   for which IANA is to create and maintain a new registry entitled "TCP
   encryption protocol identifiers" under the "Transmission Control
   Protocol (TCP) Parameters" registry.  The initial contents of the TCP
   encryption protocol identifier registry is shown in Table 2.  This
   document allocates one TEP identifier (0x20) for experimental use.
   In case the TEP identifier space proves too small, identifiers in the
   range 0x70-0x7f are reserved to enable a future update to this
   document to define extended identifier values.  Assignments are to be
   made under the combined policy "Expert Review with RFC Required" as
   these terms are defined in [RFC8126].  Early allocation [RFC7120]
   should be used to facilitate testing before RFCs are finalized.

         | Value     | Meaning                      | Reference |
         | 0x20      | Experimental Use             | [RFC-TBD] |
         | 0x70-0x7f | Reserved for extended values | [RFC-TBD] |