Does anyone know of a way to chart responses from a survey?  I have the data
in FileMaker Pro and converted it to Excel.  The data is in the form of the
given responses, not in numbers.

Example:

What is your grade?
    Fifth
    Sixth
    Seventh
    Eighth

They would then answer one of the following in a pull-down menu.

What we want to graph are the responses; how many people chose which answer.
When I ran the Chart Wizard in MS Excel 2001 it put the data on top of the
graph and not in the graph.

Am I going to have to change all the responses to numbers?
(Fifth into 1, Sixth into 2, etc.)

I don't know if I explained myself well enough, but any suggestions would be
appreciated since our administrators like to have the results of the surveys
our students do in a graphical form.

Mike Crawford

http://www.mail-archive.com/tech-cord@aea5.k12.ia.us/