At Interop last week I was pulled into a booth that I probably would not
have stopped at otherwise.  What the company has is a computer that is on a
PCI slot that can be installed in another computer.  The card has it's own
processor, Memory, video, USB, and audio connections.  The unit shares the
hard drive of the system the card is installed in.

While thinking of educational uses for the card I came up with one pretty
good idea.  The card would make a good server for SmartFilter running Linux
and Squid.  I believe it would be a straight forward setup and I should be
able to provide an image that would boot the system up with SmartFilter.
The benefits of this option is that it is inexpensive, and takes no
additional room.

The card retails for $600, but I may be able to give you an option to
purchase a card for $395.  Let me know, the special price expires May 31st.
\
/   Scott Fosseen - Systems Engineer - Arrowhead AEA 5
\   www.aea5.k12.ia.us/aeaphone.nsf/Web/FosseenScott