Title: Fwd: DirectConnect
Hi,
You may want to make a note of this site.  The statewide information, particularly having to do with infrastructure/distance education and the ICN will be here. The first "link here" gets you to the first issue and on it the State of Iowa Directory--VERY complete.  Up to you...
Rick

Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 16:48:40 UT
From: Tami Fujinaka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: DirectConnect
Dear ICN Reader,
Welcome to the premier edition of the ICN DirectConnect.  The ICN DirectConnect (link here) will be replacing Fiber Optic Lines, the newsletter which has been published since the summer of 1995.
What is the ICN DirectConnect?
The ICN DirectConnect is a monthly e-mail that outlines news articles that have been placed on the ICN website during the past month.
This is an exciting, cutting-edge move by the ICN that gives readers terrific benefits.
More timely information - Hardcopy newsletters took ICN staff a little over a month to write, print, and distribute, meaning the news was sometimes stale by the time it reached our readers. The ICN DirectConnect provides readers news within the month. More timely news can be obtained by checking the "What's New" section on the Homepage of the ICN website.
Meets readers' information needs - The concept of moving to an interactive electronic news solution was developed to meet the information needs of various readers. The ICN DirectConnect is designed with three levels of detail, so the desired level of information can be obtained to satisfy the readers' level of interest and makes it easy to find additional information regarding relevant subjects.
Easy to share - Many of our readers share our news with others in their office. With the click of the mouse, the ICN DirectConnect can be shared with co-workers.
No Limits - This electronic resource means we're not limited to eight pages to provide in-depth information to our readers nor are we limited by budget to the number of readers that can receive the ICN DirectConnect.
More timely,
     &nbspMore often,
           &nbspMore subscribers,
                 &nbspMore information,

           &nbspMore reasons to embrace the ICN DirectConnect!

With fondest regards,
The Public Affairs Division Staff (Tami, Sandy, Jeremy and Jeannie)
P.S. To e-mail comments, simply reply to this message.

--
Rick Maehl, Technology and Production Supervisor
Arrowhead Area Education Agency #5