I just receivd this notice from Bud Carruthers, the State AV Coordinator...

For those customers who have a Proxima DP5500 multimedia projector....

The manufacturer has definitely discontinued making lamps (L84) for
these projectors, so if you own this model, you may want to act
quickly to insure that you can get lamps.

If you have one of these machines, in running order, I would suggest
that you purchase a spare lamp or two.

Midwest Computer Products still has some of these lamps in-stock.
Part number is L84 and cost $349.00

Call Joan at 800-231-1199.

Other vendors may have them in-stock as well but I have not called
around to check with them.

Bud Carruthers
Director Iowa AV/Computer Co-op
800-382-8970  x157

--
Craig Tinker
Field Media Technician * Co-op Coordinator

Phone - 515-574-5587
Fax - 515-574-5567
email - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
AEA Web Site - http://www.aea5.k12.ia.us