From: "Casey Niemann" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Subject: Microsoft Education August Newsletter and Updated Microsoft Contacts

I have enjoyed working with you over the past couple years.  I am excited to announce an addition to the Nebraska and Iowa territory!  I would like to introduce you to Charolette Olson, Education Territory Manager.  I will continue to work within the Education Solutions group at Microsoft and reside in Des Moines.  I will be focused on a different set of larger academic institutions within the upper Midwest.   Charolette has been at Microsoft for over 5 years and has most recently been working with Education customers in MN, ND and SD.

Here is how you can contact Charolette:
Charolette Olson
Education Territory Manager - MN, ND, SD, NE, IA
952-837-4511
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Because Charolette has a large territory to cover, she has a inside rep to partner with.  Johan is also an experienced Microsoft veteran and here is how you can contact him:

Johan Hansson
Education Account Executive
800-426-9400 ext. 11276
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

I would also encourage you to work with the large network of Microsoft Partners.  We are lucky to be supported by many knowledgeable resellers and skilled service partners.  There is also a great resource for licensing questions, Education solution and more on our website.  Mark this page as a favorite: http://www.microsoft.com/education

We value your Microsoft business and look forward to working with you in the future.  Please scroll down to review the August Education Newsletter.

Hello from your Microsoft Education Territory Manager!

I would like to make your job easier, so I have complied useful Microsoft information below.  Some items may be interest to you, click the link to learn more.  Some items may be of interest to someone else at your organization - please forward this email to them.

Table of Contents
Licensing update
PTA promotion
MSDNAA Update
Mac update
Windows.net Server RC-1 Available
SIF information
Attend an event to learn more
Remove me!

Licensing Update
- Licensing has now become easier!  Click here to review the current choices: http://www.microsoft.com/education/default.asp?ID=ChooseOption

Contact your reseller to find the best choice for your organization.
- Now is the time to get ready for Student Select!  Pass your deep discounts along to your Higher Ed students.  Click here for details: http://www.microsoft.com/education/?ID=studentselect

PTA Promotion
When you buy any of the featured products on this site, 5% of the purchase price will go to benefit PTA activities in communities nationwide: http://www.microsoft.com/Family/PTA/

MSDNAA update
- Project is now included in the MSDNAA program! http://www.msdnaa.com/products/descriptions.asp
- What is the Microsoft Developers Network Academic Alliance?  The MSDN Academic Alliance is an annual membership program for technical departments in the area of Computer Science, Engineering, and Information Systems. As a member, a department receives an MSDN AA subscription that includes Microsoft platform, servers, and developer tools software. This software may be installed on any number of departmental lab machines. The software must be used for instructional and research purposes; it may not be used to run the infrastructure of the department. In addition, the department's faculty and students may check-out or download the software to install on their personal computers.

The program has two primary goals: 1) to make it easier and less expensive for you to obtain Microsoft developer tools, platforms, and servers for instructional and research purposes and 2) to build a community of instructors who can share curriculum and other learning resources to support the use of these technologies. In addition, we are very committed to helping departments make the most of their membership.

Click here for details: http://www.msdnaa.com/program/

Mac update
- Now available:  Remote Desktop Connection Client for Mac OS X
Remote Desktop Connection Client for Mac allows you to connect to a Windows-based computer and work with programs and files on that computer from your Macintosh computer. To use Remote Desktop Connection Client for Mac, you need network access and permissions to connect to a Windows-based computer running Terminal Services or Remote Desktop Services.  Click here for details: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/DOWNLOAD/MISC/RDC.asp

- Other Mac downloads: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/  (including Office v.X SR-1)

Windows Server.net RC1 is here!
- It's time to try the newest Windows server operating system in your environment. Click here for details, download and more: http://www.microsoft.com/windows.netserver/default.mspx

School Interoperability Framework - Share, Exchange and Discover
The more smoothly information can flow from one school system to another, the more effectively school administrators and teachers can concentrate on doing what they do best:  providing a great educational experience for the students.  With school interoperability, systems are synchronized and data is shared effectively, saving schools time and money. Click here for more information: http://www.microsoft.com/education/?ID=SIF

Read about our local MN SIF case study: http://www.microsoft.com/education/?ID=sifRamsey

Attend an Event - locally or virtually!
Local events (MN, ND, SD, IA, NE): http://www.microsoft.com/usa/twincities/calendar.asp
Conference calls: http://msevent.quilogy.com/QEvent/default.aspx
Seminars Online (785 available to watch!): http://www.microsoft.com/seminar/
Support webcasts - free! http://support.microsoft.com/directory/content.asp?ID=FH;EN-US;webcst&FR=0&SD=GN&LN=EN-US&CT=SD&SE=NONA

MSDN webcasts - 90 minute, deep, how to technical webcasts: http://www.microsoft.com/usa/webcasts/upcoming/
MSDN webcasts recorded and available for download at http://www.microsoft.com/usa/webcasts/ondemand

If you do not want to be contacted in the future concerning events, news and information about Microsoft technologies related to education, please click the following link: http://www.webreply.ws/microsoftoptout/step1.asp and complete the information form so we might find you in the database.  Once removed we will not make announcements, send news, invite you to events of education interest or any other form of communication from the Education Solutions Group.

--
Rick Maehl, Technology and Production Supervisor
Arrowhead Area Education Agency #5