I was greeted yesterday with a 350% price increase for using the fiber
between our buildings to run our Metro Area Network (MAN).  How many of
you have fiber, and what do you pay, or do you own it yourself?  If you
pay, who owns the equipment?  And do you run phone trunks over the same
fiber as data?

For you who have wireless, does anyone have more than two buildings
connecting to a central location?

We're suddenly scrambling, back to square one, wondering whether the fiber
is worth it.  I'd appreciate any info you have - please send to me
directly so as to not muck up the listserv.

Thanks,

Steve Scarbrough, Technology Coordinator
Storm Lake Community School District
419 Lake Avenue
Storm Lake, IA  50588
712.732.8100   fax:8101