> I have a (mpt) SAS with seven discs connected.
> The discs attach as sd0..sd6, but the SCSI target numbers are 0..5 and 7.
> It appears to me that someone is skippig ID 6 for the controller.
> It doesn't hurt too much, but it took me a while to find out why detaching
> targets 2, 3, 4 and 5 worked and 6 didn't (of course, 7 worked).
>
> Is there a reason for this behaviour?

it's usual for the SCSI HBA to assign a targetID for itself.

besides having to use a different number, is there any real reason
you want to change them?  perhaps a better solution would be to
patch scsictl such that we can detach via autoconf name as well
as scsi addresses.  maybe we should do this anyway..

.mrg.