That would be an excellent start; I had considered it before, however I
thought that netstat only listed listening connections. With lsof, you
would only get sockets created with fsocket (those having file descriptors).

I suppose combining the way the two get their information would yield a
majority of the sockets created, however I would like to get all internal
sockets that may not be listening yet, or never get a file descriptor.

--
William Dignazio