Hi,

I got interested in using this project as practical part of bachelor thesis
on file system journalling.

http://wiki.netbsd.org/projects/project/ext3fs/#comments

I plan to start really small, implementing just the kernel parts for >128B
inodes and possibly some rudimentary support for extended attributes, just
to get myself familiar again with the filesystem code and contribute at
least something useful. Maybe I'll do even the suggested MPSAFE audit.

Then I'll start investigating the ffs WAPBL jounalling code and see how
viable it would be to use this for ext3fs also.

I do realize linux world mostly moved on to ext4 already, but as this work
will be needed for ext4 support, I think this is also good preliminary step
towards ext4.

So, if you worked on this already and have some thoughts or code to share,
please let me know :) I'll be working on this from now on.

Jaromir