This morning I was given the idea of having the possibility to build a
Xen-free kernel but still GENPVH capable.
This doesn't impact GENERIC which is still able to boot both Xen and
GENPVH with the following configuration:

options         XENPVHVM
options         XEN
hypervisor*     at mainbus?             # Xen hypervisor
xenbus*         at hypervisor?          # Xen virtual bus
xencons*        at hypervisor?          # Xen virtual console

Now for GENPVH only we would have a unique kernel configuration
option:

options GENPVH

The only drawback I see is that it adds quite some ifn?def's GENPVH.

Here's the patch: https://imil.net/NetBSD/noxen.patch

Does this look reasonable to you?

Emile `iMil' Heitor <imil@{home.imil.net,NetBSD.org}> | https://imil.net