Emmanuel Dreyfus <m...@netbsd.org> writes:

> Hello
>
> I experienced a system freeze on NetBSD-10.0/i386. Many processes
> waiting on tstile, and one waiting on vnode, with this backtrace:
> sleepq_block
> cv_wait
> vcache_vget
> vcache_get
> ufs_lookup
> VOP_LOOKUP
> lookup_once
> namei_tryemulroot.constprop.0
> namei
> vn_open
> do_open
> do_sys_openat
>
> I regret I did not took the time to show vnode.
>
> Is it worth a PR? I have no clue if it can be reproduced.

I would say yes it's worth it.

I have had hangs on 10/amd64, on a system with 32G of ram.  I have been
blaming zfs, but my "never hangs" experience has been on 9/ufs.  But,
others say zfs is fine.

I just came across the "threads leak memory" problem pointed
out by Brian Marcotte, and found a 17G gpg-agent.  I now wonder if
whatever is hanging is being provoked by running out of memory.  Still a
bug, but I no longer feel my "new problem" can be pointed at zfs.

Do you think your system had high memory pressure at the time of your
crash?

(Sort of off topic, you should know that because 32-bit computers are no
longer manufactured, the rust project thinks you shouldn't be using
them.  Take it to the ewaste center right away!)