> From: tech-boun...@lopsa.org [mailto:tech-boun...@lopsa.org] On Behalf
> Of Daniel Pittman
>
> I was wondering what sort of experiences y'all had with ATA over
> Ethernet in a
> primarily Linux environment.  This would be operated as backing storage
> for
> KVM based virtual machines, Linux host and guest.

Well, of course, the popular answer would be iscsi.  There are some advantages,
mostly due to popularity, it's more commonly known and more widely supported
...  I mean, even windows laptops now support iscsi natively, and so on.  And
ESXi machines, and it's built-in to ZFS, and so on.

Tracy will surely tell you AOE is the bomb, but he's the only one.  ;-)  I
don't see the advantage.

The only advantage I've ever heard rumored of AOE over iscsi would be
performance ... if you can measure and actually see any performance difference.
 But I doubt it.