> From: tech-boun...@lopsa.org [mailto:tech-boun...@lopsa.org] On Behalf
> Of Atom Powers
>
> I have several departments that have started using Skype for
> conference calls. This seems like a bad idea.
>
> Can you recommend an open source video conferencing solution?

I did an *extensive* evaluation of this, about a year ago.  I will give you
one word of caution:  Solutions available are very limited.  So you better
give up the "open source" requirement, and just evaluate based on what you
can afford and other true requirement characteristics.  You will NEED to
make some sacrifice, either in terms of functionality or cost.

Please find attached, a Raw, raw, raw, raw, raw, RAW, RAW, RAW.  List of
information.
(not attached.  see this url)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/543241/Video%20Conferencing.pdf

Quickly, I'll advise you to look at:
* Cisco CUPC
* Vidyo
* Openfire
* iChat is really and truly awesome, but only support OSX