> From: band...@gmail.com [mailto:band...@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Matt
> Simmons
>
> I've not tested OpenSUSE, but I can't imagine it would not work in
> VMware (and it could probably be coerced into running the VMware
> tools, too. SUSE is RPM, IIRC, right?)

My experience is thus:

Whenever I try to run some linux in a hypervisor that doesn't explicitly
support that distribution, I install vmware tools built from source, and it
seems to work.  But the system is generally unstable.

I can't and won't say that opensuse can't be run in vmware.  I will only say
it's not something I want to do, because it's unsupported and I can't have any
faith in it.  But it may be fine for some people.