On Fri, Aug 07, 2009 at 02:18:50PM +0159, Simon Nicolussi wrote:
> Hello,
>
> this patch adds the possibility to specify colors for the menu and
> its font in the cwmrc(5). Thanks to Thomas Pfaff for brief testing
> and further suggestions.

Works i386, will try sparc64 at some point. Really great! I have wanted
to change the colors for ages!

How do the menu item foreground and background relate? Are they just
inverted? It would be better to have an explicit option for each.

Also note that the sub-pixel hinting looks awful:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/vext01/3797404275/sizes/o/

Perhaps a change of default font or turning off hinting (if possible)
would help?

Thanks

--

Best Regards

Edd Barrett
(Freelance software developer / technical writer / open-source developer)

http://students.dec.bmth.ac.uk/ebarrett