On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 09:19:49PM +0200, frantisek holop wrote:

> the ahci patch makes the disk work in ahci mode when i flip
> the switch in the bios to ahci mode. without it i had
> port reset messages and the drive is not found.

so this product id doesn't change when ahci is enabled in the bios?

> i dont have the pcidump on me at the moment, but
> i looked at its output and it was vendor NVIDIA,
> product PCI_PRODUCT_NVIDIA_MCP77_AHCI_1 (0x0ad0).
> that's how i found which PCI_PRODUCT_NVIDIA_MCP77_AHCI_?
> to add to ahci.c

Yes, but this is not the interesting part by far.
It is the class, subclass and interface that are of interest
the pcidevs entry should be renamed to _not_ have
AHCI in it if it attached to pciide without having to change mode.

> i can send the pcidump output on monday..

If you can include pcidump output both with and without
ahci enabled in the bios it will be easier to see what is going on.