On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 09:19:49PM +0200, frantisek holop wrote:
> hmm, on Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 08:31:13PM +0200, Jonathan Gray said that
> > It sounds like this device should not be referred to
> > as AHCI if it attaches to pciide and does not claim
> > an AHCI interface.
>
> ok, i guess i wan't clear enough, let me try again.
>
> the notebook is ahci capable.  but i use it in ide mode
> at the moment.
>
> the pciide patch is needed, so in ide mode, pciide can
> use dma (and not only pio).
>
> the ahci patch makes the disk work in ahci mode when i flip
> the switch in the bios to ahci mode. without it i had
> port reset messages and the drive is not found.
>

> i dont have the pcidump on me at the moment, but
> i looked at its output and it was vendor NVIDIA,
> product PCI_PRODUCT_NVIDIA_MCP77_AHCI_1 (0x0ad0).
> that's how i found which PCI_PRODUCT_NVIDIA_MCP77_AHCI_?
> to add to ahci.c

Well going on the pcidump output, if anything the ahci
part should be MCP77_AHCI_6.

To clarify, when you have the machine in AHCI mode it attaches
as ahci but port resets prevent devices attached to the controller
being found?

If this is the case you should confirm that it works when AHCI_6
added the ahci.c not AHCI_1 as you had in the diff (which is now
renamed anyway).  The pciide part has been comitted with the name fix.