Bob Beck wrote:
My conern is what is actually behind your possible panic. We (including myself)
have been introducing and removing some dlg inspired breakage at the same time
here so it depends what you are doing.

Please continue and let me know what you see.

I redid the tests on my 2G laptop with more recent sys/ and now I cant hammer it to death anymore. I also have had a 12-cpu 8G sparc64 make all kinds of evil I/O ops, bringing it over 475k vnodes without any issues.

I didnt make a "before and after" speed test of make build or so, so I cant comment on the perceived benefits, but I can't kill the box with the patch in, even though I am making -j12 builds, lots of finds over the fs and so on.

Must have been the above-mentioned breakage I saw earlier. I'll put it on the local anoncvs server to keep an I/O intensive box using it for a long time.