On Tue, Feb 02, 2010 at 06:36:14PM +0000, Jacob Meuser wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 02, 2010 at 10:09:58AM -0700, Darrin Chandler wrote:
> > On Tue, Feb 02, 2010 at 02:51:52AM +0000, Jacob Meuser wrote:
> > > are you talking about Bret's reply about buzzwords?  imo, that's what
> > > that reply was about, buzzwords.  there was nothing personal.  see,
> > > the way buzzwords work, is they get stuck in your (as in most people)
> > > head, then they come out when you have a idea but don't know quite
> > > how to express it.  which is clearly the situation here.
> >
> > It's not like UBC was totally unrelated to the topic. And that situation
> > was already handled fine by Bob Beck in a more productive and
> > informative way.
> >
> > > I think readers of OpenBSD lists are far too sensitive.  there, that's
> > > a personal 'attack' on all y'all.
> >
> > Yeah, everything is fine the way it is. Alienating random users with
> > real questions is the cost of making a good OS. They're just too
> > sensitive.
> >
> > Except that I have a pretty thick skin and have been around on the lists
> > enough to see how things work. So why did this thread bother me? Because
> > there's a difference between some idiot asking idiotic questions on
> > misc@ and getting blasted, and an inquiry into a pretty common, genuine
> > issue on t...@.
>
> he asked about UBC.  he did not originally present his real issue.
>
> but whatever.  you can take it as a lesson to not hide your real
> questions/issues behind buzzwords, or you can get upset.  it's
> your choice.

The real issue came out quickly in response to direct questions, and it
came out in a civil and informative manner. No problem. So what's your
point, really? No, nevermind. I'm not interested in debating this.
You're grasping at anything to prop up your position. Just hold firm and
I'll stop bugging you about it. You win. Kind of.

--
Darrin Chandler            |  Phoenix BSD User Group  |  MetaBUG
dwchand...@stilyagin.com   |  http://phxbug.org/      |  http://metabug.org/