> This is the first step into moving the glxpcib driver into MI land.
>
> The following diff brings the loongson and i386 drivers as close
> together as possible. The only difference after applying the diff are
> some defines which are already handled properly (from an MI point of
> view) in loongson/dev/glxreg.h.
>
> So once this gets in we can move that header into MI land as well and
> have the same driver for both architectures -- this is step two of
> course.

I suggested a similar diff some time ago, and I have changed my mind
about this. I am strongly opposing unification beyond register defines
in a separate header.

In the long term, we will not be using the geode chip in the same way
between loongson and i386 (if only because of clock programming), so
either we share a common glxpcib which acts as a pcib device and nothing
else, and attach other drivers to provide e.g. watchdog functionality,
or we do not share the code.

Miod