On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 10:17:33AM +0200, Stefan Sperling wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 04:18:01AM +0200, Tobias Ulmer wrote:

> > > I haven't received any test reports yet.
> >
> > The (commited) diff has no effect on my onboard xl(4).
> > The hardware supports this (BIOS setting checked):
> > http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dvol/en/vol_mt/SETUP.HTM#Wakeup
> > %20On%20LAN
>
> Please elaborate on "no effect".
>
> Does WOL work at all? Or does it not work at all?

I've done tests with the integrated NIC and one in a PCI slot connected
to the WOL connector. WOL does not work in any configuration I've tried.

> Can it be enabled from the BIOS but not, independently, from ifconfig?

The BIOS has 3 WOL settings: Off, Integrated NIC, WOL Connector. I've
configured this according to which card was tested. WOL still did not
work.

> Can it be disabled via ifconfig even if enabled in the BIOS?

I've tried enabling WOL using ifconfig for the PCI NIC and set the BIOS
to WOL mainboard connector. WOL did not work.

shutdowns were always done with "halt -p"

No idea what else I could do...