On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 5:11 PM, Marc Espie <es...@nerim.net> wrote:
> external people regularly ask "but why you don't want  to use GNU/m4 GNU/make
> GNU/whatever ?"

External people seem to ask weird questions.

I just had to dig into autoconf/auto* because it seems to be a "must
have" for a "portable" project. Yuck! It is a reason why I don't
understand and at the same time deeply respect our ports people: they
have to mess with this stuff all the time!

For all the GNU people, here is how a Makefile for hello.c should look like:
PROG= hello
NOMAN= yes
.include <bsd.prog.mk>

Yes, you're supposed to provide a man page hello.1 and remove the NOMAN line :)

Reyk