On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 6:04 PM, Ray Percival wrote:

Having worked for Check Point/Nokia.
They wine to great lengths to only make that hardware work with their Free based OS. I wish you luck but realistically it's not likely. OpenBSD works just fine on the newer Check Point boxes. They're far less locked down.

Hi Ray, I was afraid of that. I've yet to figure out why FreeBSD 8.1 will somewhat work but nothing newer works. Anything newer crashes. I've had limited success with Fedora 19 too. It just takes forever to build a custom Linux kernel on the machine I'm building it on. Building a BSD kernel takes about 30 minutes on that machine.

Perhaps you have the answer to something I suspect is the case. I'm guessing the MAC address on the system board is the starting MAC address and the MAC addresses for the NICs are assigned during boot based on the starting address?

Thanks for the reply.

Stan