On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 11:00:37AM -0700, Theo de Raadt wrote:
> It was not shown to enough people.  PERIOD.

My diff was on tech@ for one day during a hackathon before I commited it.
Not enough people discussed it back then.  Fine.  Let's discuss it now.

The reasons why I removed the check in the stack are:
- Scanning headers in the forwarding path is against the spirit of IPv6.
- pf deals much better with fragments and headers now.
- When the check was added, there was no RFC.  Now I am following RFC5095.
- It is pf's job to add more security.
- The scanning was done twice with pf enabled.

Now I am tempted to put it back because:
- Theo says there a lot of OpenBSD boxes without pf attached to the internet.
- Fernando Gont says there are plenty of legacy implementations supporting RH0.
- Fernando Gont says it is not the most secure approach to remove the check.
- I have removed the double scan when pf is enabled.

bluhm