On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 10:48:41PM +0100, Mark Kettenis wrote:
> The diff below is a fairly large diff that moves the gtt management
> into the inteldrm driver.  While this diff might fix some of the
> issues people have been reporting with inteldrm, I don't expect it to
> fix most of those issues.  This brings our codebase closer to what
> Linux has though, and this will enable other changes that will address
> those issues.
>
> There is one functional change though.  This will take over the gtt
> entries that are mapping "stolen" graphics memory.  This is what Linux
> does as well, so it should be safe.  And it will give you a bit more
> space to map graphics objects into the aperture.
>
> If you didn't understand all that, don't worry.  Just give this diff a
> try and test for regressions.  And that means I just want to know
> about things that stopped working with this diff applied.

Thanks a lot, this seems to improve things in GNOME for me.
The large icons in the actitity overview are not corrupt anymore.

I am still seeing some icon corruption though.
This shows a 'shutdown' icon in the gnome menu which gets corrupted
on mouse hover: http://stsp.name/images/broken-menu-icon.png