On 2013/11/20 10:10, Martin Pieuchot wrote:
> This one is not under _KERNEL but it's used at only one place and
> if a port use it, it should probably define it by itself.

This is used in at least kde-workspace and embedded copies of slirp
(the ones I know about so far are emulators/qemu and emulators/BasiliskII).

It's easy enough to patch existing users in ports now, but removing it
makes things more difficult for people porting something else later
which happens to use it - so I wonder what's the reasoning behind this?
(if it's a namespace issue, I don't think that's valid given that it's
widely available - xnu, solaris, free/net/open/dfbsd and derivatives).

btw if people want a quick way to search for things in common source code,
http://codesearch.debian.net/ is useful.