On Jan 18, 2014, at 16:25, Sia Lang <silverlangu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If the tests are as good as this project claims them to be, the process
> should take exactly one test cycle. If that's the case, then the test regime
> suck big time. Logic brother. Logic.

I don't know what tests you're referring to.  OpenBSD builds & runs on real
hardware.  The process of doing that continuously on every arch is what exposes
the bugs that are common across all archs but only easily triggered on some.

Since you're well versed in logic you clearly understand the implications of
moving this process from real hardware to emulators: if the emulators don't
expose bugs you can't know if that's because of problems in the emulator
itself; if the emulator does expose bugs then you can't know if that's because
of bugs in the emulator itself.

So, clearly there would have to be some period of first verifying the emulators
themselves, which is not something the OpenBSD developers are doing at the
moment.  Those tests don't exist; that test cycle has never happened before.

Brother.