On 02/28/14 23:51, Chris Cappuccio wrote:
Here are some potential USB installer images for OpenBSD/amd64 5.5

http://www.nmedia.net/chris/install55.fs
http://www.nmedia.net/chris/miniroot55.fs

The install55.fs contains full installation packages. The
miniroot55.fs is a ramdisk-kernel only (for network installation or
troubleshooting.)

It might be obvious, but since it confused me for a bit, I'd like to correct this an say that miniroot55.fs *contains* a ramdisk kernel only. It is still a complete disk image.

/Alexander

Please test either on as many amd64 machines as you can with any USB
flash and any USB-CF adapters that you have.

Report failures and success of each image ASAP. Test as many flash
types (USB, CF-USB, old USB, new USB...) as you can.

SPECIFICALLY, IF you have a boot failure, I need to see the dmesg output
(and the fdisk and disklabel output from the machine if possible to boot
it another way). Any error messages displayed from the boot blocks or
BIOS are also essential.