* Kenneth Westerback <kwesterb...@gmail.com> [2014-05-02 22:14]:
> On 2 May 2014 16:08, Paul de Weerd <we...@weirdnet.nl> wrote:
> > Well, I think -inet6 would be a good default, but I think there's more
> > to it.  Enabling net.inet6.ip6.accept_rtadv should still get me a
> > link-local address (and, if router advertisements are present on the
> > local network, an autoconfigured (autoconfprivacy) address too).  But
> > if I have multiple interfaces and configure my system for SLAAC, what
> > should happen?  To me, it seems that accept_rtadv should be a
> > per-interface thing.
> >
> > Anyway, I believe at least -inet6 is a better default than the current
> > situation.
> -inet6 as the default seems more OpenBSD'ish to me. Everything off
> that can be off, but not more.

there is way more to it than "the default".
there is no easy way to get rid of ipvshit completely, short of
recompiling w/o option INET6.
every interface you take up has that linklocal shit, unless you give
-inet6 for each and every one every time, which is very easy to miss.
thus I do think we want a net.inet6.ip.enable sysctl or the like,
which, if not set to 1, enforces -inet6 on all ifs.

what the default of such a sysctl would be is another discussion -
any value is fine with me as long as it is 0.

--
Henning Brauer, h...@bsws.de, henn...@openbsd.org
BS Web Services GmbH, http://bsws.de, Full-Service ISP