Paul de Weerd <we...@weirdnet.nl> writes:

[...]

> This makes a whole lot of sense to me.  Please make OpenBSD the first
> OS to do (this part of) v6 in a sensible way.

Actually that makes me laugh.  Sensible, weeeh.  Let's protect our users
from the dangers of IPv6 link-local addresses!  Wait, what users are we
talking about?  We have no users, right, we have developers that break
stuff, and other developers that clean up the feces.  Between +inet6 and
eui64 all we have are non-idiomatic or broken alternatives.

Link-local addresses have been "exposed" since almost 15 years now, it's
a good time to decide that they are persona non grata in OpenBSD land.
After all, the v6 stack has had all the testing it could get, now that
we know that it works well, we don't need testing anymore.

What could be sensible, though, is accepting the fact that IPv6 exists,
and the fact that link-local addresses are part of it, whether you have
global connectivity or not.  Now call me a v6 zealot, I probably live
and work in an imaginary world.

--
jca | PGP : 0x1524E7EE / 5135 92C1 AD36 5293 2BDF  DDCC 0DFA 74AE 1524 E7EE