On 11 July 2014 10:29, Antoine Jacoutot <ajacou...@bsdfrog.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 06:51:01PM +0200, Loďc BLOT wrote:
>> Hello all,
>> I use rdomains to split routing domains per company and also separate
>> administration interfaces from routing interfaces on my routers (sshd,
>> bacula, postfix and puppetd running on a dedicated rdomain)
>>
>> Actually there is a problem with rdomains, we need to modify /etc/rc.d
>> scripts to add rdomain execution environment to the specified service.
>> If rc.subr have support to rdomains, we can let the rc.d scripts clean.
>>
>> To resolve those rdomain issues, I created a patch and I added a new
>> variable we could use on rc.conf(.local), ${_name}_rdomain. (This
>> variable needs a signed integer and use an existing rdomain, this is
>> checked by rc.subr.
>>
>> I want to contribute to OpenBSD and I give you this patch. If you have
>> any suggestions to improve it, tell me.
>
> I don't use rdomain so someone knowledgeable should comment here.
> But it does look like a nice idea.

having something like this would be really cool.  in case you'll be
tweaking the code, make sure that the "route -T exec printf" check
is preserved.  i would use "true" in this test however.

as far as i can tell the daemon_rdomain bit that goes into the rc
script is fine, however i'm not quite sure how can i start two
daemons in different rdomains via rc.conf.local.  looks like this
diff doesn't handle this and allows only one instance in the
${_name}_rdomain rdomain.  but sometimes you want multiple, say
sshd in rdomain 0 and 1.  daemon_rdomain flag allows me to go and
create another rc.d/sshd-rdomain-1 script and stuff daemon_rdomain=1
in there.  but then i'd have to add it to the pkg_scripts...  this
is a minor issue that i see.  perhaps ${_name}_rdomain should list
multiple values, like sshd_rdomain=0,1,2,3.