> For the rest of us who prefer to use software instead of demanding
> changes, this simply means using OpenBSD in a strictly-isolated
> environment becomes a bit more difficult.

This statement makes no sense.  Why would you strictly isolate the
environment?  Because you want security.  In that case, have you read
the code for lynx?

> I'm still not willing to use Linux LiveCDs in certain environments
> for the most part, and I'll just get used to having the ports I
> absolutely need (probably elinks or Firefox, at this point, not lynx!)
> on a pre-burned CD.

Piece of cake.

> Related question: what happened to putting the most commonly-used
> pkgs on the CDs?  Did we just run out of room?  My 5.5 CD set has a
> grand total of about 8 packages IIRC.

Yes, we run out, actually on a regular basis.  I don't think people
realize how much effort goes into re-fitting things.  Most releases it
is simple, but other releases we suddenly must revamp the layout
pretty substantially.  It isn't some amateur 1 hour effort.  I do not
know yet what happens for 5.6, I have not repeated the 5.5 layout yet.

pkg_add uses signify keys now.  You can use the internet to get packages.
They do not need to be on the release CD.

> Most of us get that you're all hacking on OpenBSD primarily to
> scratch a personal itch and secondarily to provide something good to
> the rest of the world.  I recall reading somewhere a summary of the
> tech@ attitude, which boiled down to "if you can use our code, great,
> otherwise go away and stop bothering us".

Thank you.