On Wed, Nov 05, 2014 at 06:13:40PM +0000, Miod Vallat wrote:
> > This is suspicious person for me (group of people?). There are lots of
> > commits since about 2011 in many low-level and/or critical components
> > from this person: linux kernel, android, gnupg, tcpdump, alsa, tor,
> > openssl etc, etc..
> >
> > I'm almost certainly wrong, but not too much there competencies for one
> > person?
>
> This kind of comment is an insult, both to the submitter, and to our
> code review process.

On the issue of the code review:
http://cm.bell-labs.com/who/ken/trust.html (Ken Thompson, 1984)

> That said, I remember Itojun used to have his name tied to way too many
> projects, not only because he was an amazing programmer, but also
> because he acted as the english spokeperson for many other japanese
> developers whose english skills weren't as good as Itojun's. This might
> be a similar story here, with russian people not good enough at english.

I said that 99.9% I'm wrong. But if I'm right, you guys will have a
problem far worse than ever with ipsec. I believe that the code review
of such diffs should be tightened when it comes to such important things
as the kernel and/or the crypto. Tightened up to accepting of code only
from people personally known to core developers.

Otherwise OpenBSD's security little different from Linux security in
today's reality. Eric S. Raymond's bazaar - The Achilles heel in a
situation, where you can not say with certainty who came from diff.