On Sun, Dec 07, 2014 at 07:43:11PM -0600, Abel Abraham Camarillo Ojeda wrote:
> ping
>
> [...]
>

> > I'm ok with the syntax error message, but should large usernames work?
> >
> > Thank you very much.

When authenticating using the default backend, it shouldn't work no, the
username is limited by how large it can be in a struct passwd, if you do
provide a larger one we will fail auth no matter what.

Now, if you auth using another mechanism (ie: listen [...] auth <table>)
in theory we do not have the same limitation but I think it will fail as
we share some code path and we probably have a check in there. I'll have
a look at this.

--
Gilles Chehade

https://www.poolp.org                                          @poolpOrg