On 01/30/2015 07:15 AM, Martin Pieuchot wrote:
On 30/01/15(Fri) 01:25, Ulf Brosziewski wrote:
Probably I was too sceptical about synaptics.c. The bug I observed
with the ALPS touchpad seems to be due to a kind of mismatch between
the ALPS code in pms and the event handling in wsconscomm. The patch
below contains the initial change as well as what was necessary to
fix this.

Do you think it is possible to fix the pms(4) driver instead of adding
another quirk?

Certainly that would be a better solution. For synaptics hardware there
seems to be no specific W value that signals the end of a touch. If I
understand it correctly, the hardware reports zero coordinates instead
and the X driver adjusts its state accordingly. I will try to check soon
whether this is correct and whether the ALPS code could be adapted.