On 2015 Mar 27 (Fri) at 11:54:16 +0100 (+0100), Henning Brauer wrote:
:* Florian Obser <flor...@openbsd.org> [2015-03-26 18:36]:
:> On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 05:46:12PM +0100, Henning Brauer wrote:
:> > * Mike Belopuhov <m...@belopuhov.com> [2015-03-26 14:36]:
:> > > however I agree that if we do this for ipv6 we should do it for ipv4 as
well
:> > > but then do we care about tons of stuff out there parsing ifconfig
output?
:> > that's the prime question. I would love to move to CIDR notation - are
:> > we breaking people's scripts with that? The inet side has been the same
:> > for, what, decades?
:> Of course this breaks stuff :)
:
:uh, now that you mention it, I didn't chose a very obvious way to ask
:the question - of course the ifconfig output change breaks scripts
:parsing ifconfig output, the real question being: how common are
:scripts doing that?
:

I am happy to break scripts, when people aren't using CIDR ;)

--
Due to lack of disk space, this fortune database has been
discontinued.